Science and Technology (S&T) sessions of EKC 2016 (Berlin, 27-30 July 2016) provides an excellent opportunity for the participants to exchange state of the art knowledge in comprehensive scientific areas ranging from basic science to engineering and policy. Thus, multidisciplinary cooperation is strongly promoted in EKC 2016 programme.
S&T sessions are composed of 10 groups with 27 specific sessions. In each session, invited and contributing speakers present cutting edge issues and future direction of the subject that are highly relevant to public and private organisations/companies as well as to the scientists and engineers in Europe and Korea. Sessions being organised are available on the website (click)
Poster sessions will provide opportunities for participants to present their recent works in different fields and to link their works to related organizations. And all participants are encouraged to submit abstracts corresponding to their session groups interested. The deadline of the submission is 5th May, and relevant important dates are as below.
- 5 May 1st deadline for abstract submission
- 15 May Notification of abstract acceptance
- 5 June 2nd deadline for abstract submission
- 15 June Final programme announcement and sending to press
KIER calls for climate change mitigation technology
In EKC 2016, Korean Institute of Energy Research (KIER) reviews abstracts related to climate change mitigation technology and offer funding opportunities as a 2017 KIER International Joint Project after attending each presentation in oral or poster presentation during the EKC conference. Those presenters on the six climate change mitigation technologies may compete for a funding opportunity afterwards by writing an official proposal in case that they are selected by KIER as proposal candidates. Funding level is up to 100M KRW each.
If you have interests in KIER calls, please, mark it in the topic area when you submit your abstract.
Climate change mitigation technology (designated by Korean Ministry of Science, ICT and Future Planning) are as below
- Solar cells
- Fuel cells
- Rechargeable batteries
- Power IT (EMS, smart grid, renewable hybrid system)
- CCUS (Carbon Capture Utilization and Storage)
Guideline for abstract
1. Register to the submission system by creating an account. This account can be used for the registration. Please note that authors should register for the conference as well on the system.
2. Submission system needs contents below:
- Name of authors (Presenting author should be indicated with an email address)
- Affiliation (with city and country) of authors
- Abstract (Minimum 300, maximum 500 words)
- Keywords (necessary 5 keywords)
- Short biography (CV) of the main authors (Maximum 100 words)
3. Presenting author will be notified a submission confirmation via email when submission is completed.
4. The official language of the EKC2016 is English and abstracts should be written in English.
Poster Preparation Guideline:
Each poster will be displayed during the whole conference period. Authors are requested to ensure that the posters are displayed for 3 days from 17:00 27th July to 22:00 29th July. Poster boards will be available in the afternoon of 27th July, and poster presenters are obliged to attach the posters on board before the opening ceremony.
Poster presentation & evaluation:
Authors are requested to be available besides your poster during the scheduled poster sessions (28th, 29th July on both days) for discussion and evaluation. Authors will be informed about their evaluation time.